Advising Employers on all aspects of employment law
Covering Oxford, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Banbury, Witney and surrounding areas.
At Oxford Employment Law Solicitors, we advise both employers and employees on all aspects of employment law, so we have an excellent insight into the practical issues that arise in employment, how to prevent them arising and how to deal with them in the most efficient way.
An important starting point is the employment contract. The employment contract is the base of the employer/employee relationship, and a carefully drafted employment contract is essential to avoid many issues arising in the first place. It is also a statutory requirement that employers provide a written statement of terms of employment within the first two months of employment for every employee. We tailor the employment contract to match the relationship, and many employers use our employment contracts in Oxford, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Banbury, Witney and further afield.
Another area we advise on regularly is the minefield which is redundancy. Case law often shifts in this complex area of employment law, meaning that changes in what the courts deem as fair and reasonable can create pitfalls for employers. For example, how to determine the pool of employees from which to select, whether or not to consider ‘bumping’, and how to deal with pregnant employees or employees on maternity or other parental leave in respect of redundancy. Often a finding of unfair dismissal can arise from a simple, avoidable oversight in following the correct procedure.
In particular, we advise employers on the following:
- Settlement agreements
- Drafting employment contracts in compliance with the Employment Rights Act 1996
- Dealing with redundancies and dismissals for other reasons such as misconduct or capability
- Dealing with disciplinary matters and grievance issues
- Discrimination of all forms and equal pay issues.
- Employer handbooks and policies.
- Flexible working
- Maternity, paternity, parental and adoption leave.
- Drafting and advising on bonus, commission and share option schemes and profit sharing.
- Long term sick employees, multiple short term absences.
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants.
- Protecting employer confidential information.
Employment Insurance Protection
Employment Insurance Protection
Employers should regard employment protection insurance as an essential safeguard for their business. Over recent years the number of Employment Tribunal cases has escalated and the level of compensation award has increased.
Any company, however large or small, is at risk from potential claims for:
- Unfair dismissal.
- Discrimination, including harassment.
- Breach of contract.
- Working time payments.
A simple and flexible insurance policy can provide cover against most Employment Tribunal awards and the legal costs associated with defending claims, giving you peace of mind at an affordable price. Oxford Employment Law Solicitors Employment Protection Scheme allows you to protect your balance sheet and ensures that all of your employment contracts and procedures are completely up to date.
- Affordable – Pay Monthly Or Annually
- Comprehensive – Up to £100,000 of cover for any one claim including cover for legal costs.
- Flexible – You can choose the level of cover and the amount of the excess.
- Choice – With other schemes your calls may be dealt with at a call centre not using expert specialists provided by a local well-known solicitor.
- Expert Advice – The telephone help line gives you access to employment law advice on issues as they arise to helps avoid future claims.
Covering Oxford, High Wycombe, Aylesbury, Banbury and Witney, we offer a wide ranging and professional service.